Thursday, October 10, 2013

A look into what The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug Annual 2014 is about

TheOneRing.Net has been posting images lately from the book. And it truly did not strike me that the book has already been released. In fact, it has been released at least two months back in July. Let's take a look at what the book is about.

I found it in the children's section at Books Kinokuniya. At first glance, it's like a movie visual companion. But when you flip through it, there are a handful of beautiful images from The Desolation of Smaug as well as activities for the children. So, basically, it's more of a children's activity book.

We shall start with the beautiful pictures first. I had posted some of them before here: It's going to be dramatic...  but what the heck, I'll just edit my scans and post them up here again:






Let's move on to the contents of the book. Click on the images to view a larger version. ^_~

And here's the content page:


Introduction to some of the new characters as well as the places where some of the events occurred in The Desolation of Smaug. Word of caution, if you have not read the book, the information may be spoilery, so don't say I didn't warn you. Please proceed with care. 


Stirring slightly away from the book, if you have not seen Beorn in human form, it was recently revealed by TheOneRing.Net: 


According to TheOneRing.Net, they said this image seemed to have came from the very same Annual Book 2014 we are talking about here. I hereby confirmed that it's not. For one thing, the book's certainly not in spiral spine, and then I had combed every inch of the book, and only saw Beorn in bear form. So. 

If you had scrolled down to the comments section at the bottom of the original post by TheOneRing.Net, you will find a comparison of Beorn with our very own Chinese deity, Sun Wu Kong:

Jet Li as Sun Wu Kong


Not sure if PJ really did reference Sun Wu Kong for Beorn... Anyways, being a Chinese and the story of Sun Wu Kong being retold so many times, I certainly see the resemblance... 







The book is filled with little games/activities here and there. I can't scan all but here are a few notable ones.                
Had one of my Twitter pal who's a fan of Aidan to try out the pic below. And she couldn't concentrate because of the hotness. =X


I got Bilbo for this one at first try! xD 


As for this... You wouldn't wanna know what I got... Was it even a name? *Suspicious* Anyways, feel free to share what you got at the comments box below the post for these two sections! =D






Whew, sure took me a long time to scan the parts in, edit them and make this post. I think I covered almost the entire book... Well, I certainly do not fancy Warner Bros. or whoever come after me with a copyright infringement lawsuit, so I'll just leave it here. Like what you see? Go get the book and own this fantastic book now! 

As for me, it's almost 2 a.m. now, and I really should head to bed. Leaving you with this lovely high-res pic of Martin's Bilbo in Lake-town: 


And The Desolation of Smaug TV Spots: 



Nights guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment