Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's Sunshine after Rain in Middle Earth~


Beautiful picture tweeted by Graham McTavish, view from their camp site on location filming. 

The Dwarves are working hard on the pickup shoot of The Hobbit, braving rain, strong wind and the cold weather.


Eversince my Wellington trip is confirmed, I have been doing lotsa research and planning. I have even set my mobile phone's clock to dual clock so I can keep track of the time in Wellington at the same time. ^^; Too much? I don't know... Anyways, some updates from guys of Middle Earth. :)

Caravans and trailers set up for the pickup shoots for The Hobbit. Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/8692429/All-action-at-Miramar-Hobbit-studio

A lucky fan gets to 'chat' with Stephen Hunter and Graham McTavish. No such luck for me though. =P

Dean O'Gorman has also officially joined Facebook. Check it out here: 


Other Dwarves on Facebook as well, sometimes they post different things from their Twitter accounts: 


Jed is more active on his Facebook account. You can see that as he only occasionally tweets unlike Graham. Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jed-Brophy/517155004963438?fref=ts



I'm still hoping to get a glimpse of Martin somewhere, praying either of the Dwarves with Twitter will tweet a pic of them with Martin. =/ Or better still, since Martin don't get Twitter, I hope he gets a Facebook account instead...  I'm staying hopeful... *Fingers crossed*


The first official look of Evangeline Lily's Tauriel has been released as well: 


We've seen Evangeline in the TV series Lost and also in Real Steel with Hugh Jackman. Snippets of her Tauriel had been shown during the live event with Peter Jackson back in End March. I can only hope, she plays a graceful elf warrior somehow. 

I mean she is an additional character added on by Peter Jackson after all, otherwise, as she also foreseen herself, and I quote, "I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are going to be people who will totally hate Tauriel, think that she shouldn't be in the movie, that it's a betrayal of Tolkien, and no matter what I do it won't be right."

I won't go to the extend of hating her but I just hope she will be 'fitting' and not the odd one standing out in the movie. ^^; 

Other news, our dear Master of Laketown, Stephen Fry, opens up on his suicide attempt last year. 


It's sad to see that Stephen, being a comedian and a star, will attempt to take his own life. But it's not uncommon in the showbiz world, I will say. Stephen has a history of bipolar disorder and depression so he is more prone to such action. 

As one suffering from depression myself and on anti-depression medication, sometimes, it's really out of one's control when the attempt to hurt yourself just seems like the only solution. Not to worry though, I'm hanging in there. Apologies if this is depressing. 

Ahem, back to work and racking my brain for making more interesting posts to come. Not forgetting, praying to see a pic of Martin and the guys in Middle Earth~

I don't mind even if it's the back view of Martin~